Since Dan Knott Junior High School has opened its door there has been a history of excellence in athletics. Our history of excellence is a product of the dedicated efforts of student-athletes, parents, and coaches. An outstanding student body has supported this success.
Dan Knott Junior High School is located within the Knottwood community within the Millwoods area. It has access to various playing fields and baseball fields. In our back field we also have 8 basketball hoops that students can use after school when there is no gym availability.
In addition, the school has a large gymnasium that can be subdivided into two smaller units and a north gymnasium so that all types of team sports and instructional groups can be accommodated. Our fitness centre is located in the south wing and it has a full range of equipment for staff and student use.
Dan Knott Athletics will provide an opportunity for student-athletes to develop life skills that help them grow into positive and responsible citizens of their community. They will develop their individual athletic ability and teamwork while emphasizing the Dragons Character Virtues of respect, responsibility, fairness, forgiveness, honesty and integrity.
Athletes’ Code of Conduct
- It is a privilege and not a right to participate on a Dan Knott Athletic team.
- All student-athletes must be prepared to make a serious commitment to the team and their teammates. This includes attendance at all practices, games and other team functions.
- Regular classroom attendance and appropriate behavior both inside and outside of the classroom is a priority. Failure to take either of these responsibilities seriously can result in temporary or permanent removal from the team.
- All student-athletes will demonstrate a positive attitude and willingness to cooperate with all coaching and teaching staff, students, opponents, officials and teammates.
- Be proud to be a Dragon!
- Uniforms, equipment and facilities must be treated with care and respect. This applies to all situations inside and outside of Dan Knott.
- All student-athletes will follow both the Edmonton Public Schools and Dan Knott Codes of Conduct as outlined in the student handbook regarding alcohol, drugs, hazing, bullying, etc. There is a ZERO TOLERANCE policy and at the discretion of the school administration this type of misbehaviour could result in permanent removal from any or all teams in the Dragons Athletics program.
Student-athletes at Dan Knott have a responsibility to demonstrate the qualities of appropriate conduct and good sportsmanship at all times. They must also dedicate themselves to maximizing their performance in all classes by attending classes, completing and submitting all required assignments, writing all exams and tests and making up all work missed. School-generated absences for athletic events will affect each of the above criteria for success.
Student-athletes must accept the responsibility to work closely with each teacher to allow the achievement of personal potential. Athletes’ eligibility to participate in inter-school athletics may be affected by attendance prior to and during the playing season. All athletes will behave in accordance with school and district expectations. All competitions must be conducted with a high standard of courtesy, fair play, and sportsmanship.