Dan Knott Athletics will provide an opportunity for student-athletes to develop life skills that help them grow into positive and responsible citizens of their community. They will develop their individual athletic ability and teamwork while emphasizing the Dragons Character Virtues of respect, responsibility, fairness, forgiveness, honesty and integrity.
- It is a privilege and not a right to participate on a Dan Knott Athletic team.
- All student-athletes must be prepared to make a serious commitment to the team and their teammates. This includes attendance at all practices, games and other team functions.
- Regular classroom attendance and appropriate behavior both inside and outside of the classroom is a priority. Failure to take either of these responsibilities seriously can result in temporary or permanent removal from the team.
- All student-athletes will demonstrate a positive attitude and willingness to cooperate with all coaching and teaching staff, students, opponents, officials and teammates.
- Be proud to be a Dragon!
- Uniforms, equipment and facilities must be treated with care and respect. This applies to all situations inside and outside of Dan Knott.
- All student-athletes will follow both the Edmonton Public Schools and Dan Knott Codes of Conduct as outlined in the student handbook regarding alcohol, drugs, hazing, bullying, etc. There is a ZERO TOLERANCE policy and at the discretion of the school administration this type of misbehaviour could result in permanent removal from any or all teams in the Dragons Athletics program.
Student-athletes must accept the responsibility to work closely with each teacher to allow the achievement of personal potential. Athletes’ eligibility to participate in inter-school athletics may be affected by attendance prior to and during the playing season. All athletes will behave in accordance with school and district expectations. All competitions must be conducted with a high standard of courtesy, fair play, and sportsmanship.